Monday, April 28, 2008

Yoga for regular guys


If this video wouldn't have come my way via a trusted health-related newsletter, I doubt I would've gotten past the first 10 seconds. It is a video made by the 19-year-old son of a disabled Gulf War veteran -- as an encouragement and tribute to his dad -- and testifies to the power of diet, exercise, tenacity, optimism, humor and faith, to radically transform a life.

Hokey? You don't know the half of it. Dramatic music, the whole shtick. But please watch. It's only 4 minutes and it's important to me that all my peeps know this stuff!




-----

2 comments:

MsMVNJ said...

Oh my God....if this wasn't inspirational, nothing else is. Thank you for this! I have practiced yoga on and off for years and now, because of some injuries, I've given up ashtanga and the more vigorous vinyasa classes. This goes to show you that even the most gentle type of yoga can affect drastic changes in your life.

Marie Walden said...

Yes, MsMVNJ! The fitness industry has been co-opted by the already fit. We have to join gyms, pump iron, run marathons, take supplements, and wear the right brands to be part of the "health" club. Not so!

I'm glad you posted the video on your blog. There just may be someone out there who needs to be encouraged by it.

I know I sound like an infomercial. But I can't help it.